Wednesday, June 23, 2010

It's time!

So much has happened since my last post (I really need to try and be better at updating this). My grandpa got better and out of the hospital, had a couple of the best weeks of his life, or at least in the last couple years and then passed away April 9th. It was a shock to us all and very emotionally challenging. Day by day, things get better/easier. We all still miss him a lot.

For something good in my life, I got all A's and 1 B in my classes! We just started our summer classes and so far it's not going so good, however I just need to pass it, it's a general education class. And for the purpose of this blog, I am starting to cycle finally!!! Yesterday I started my period right on time, received my meds for this leg of the journey and tomorrow I do my first dose of Lupron! I'm nervous about it, I got headaches last time I was on Lupron, but I'll get through it!
In just over 2 weeks we leave for vacation with my dad, his wife and her grandkids and my sister and her family. We've never done a vacation like this before but I'm hoping to make it a tradition. We are going up north to my dad's cabin and going fishing for the week! I'm so excited!! I haven't been up there since I was a kid and I've been dying to go back and now we are, with my beautiful family to boot! We get back on the 18th of July, IM's retrieval is on the 20th and the expected transfer date is July 25th. I won't have much time to relax in there, as soon as we get home I will have to do laundry and repack to leave again, but it will be worth it! Unfortunately I haven't had any dreams yet about this surrogacy journey but I do have a gut feeling about this transfer and it's a good one! I just know I'm going to get pregnant but I really hope its only a singleton. I don't wish to carry twins again for many reasons but if I do, at least I'll know what to expect and I'll be familiar with the clinic and hospital I will deliver at. I'm so thankful that my IP's will be ok with whatever I decide in regards to the hospital and such that I deliver at in the event we have twins. Oh, and that reminds me, I'll also be meeting them when I go for the transfer!!! They are staying longer than they need to (which will be from July 4th until at least July 21st anyway) just to meet me and spend time with me. I'm nervous because she doesn't speak English (and I don't think their daughter does either) so J will have to interpret into Spanish and English for us but I know they are very nice already so we will get through that too!

No comments:

Post a Comment